The Fern Hoppers run a regular Run/Bike event for members and guests. They are mainly for fun, but can get quite competitive once the start line is crossed!
We aim to hold an event four times a year so check the website for details of the next event.
STOP PRESS! Next Run-Bike event will be on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 7pm
Meet at Brandon Country Park, Orchard Car Park Picnic Area
If you are parking there, please note that we will be there during the paying period.
Brandon Country Park – Orchard Car Park
– Teams consist of 2 people with 1 bike (can be a 3 if necessary).
– Swap over as many times as you like, but runner and cyclist must must swap at least once and stay within 10 meters of each other.
– One team member must be in contact with the back at all times
– Follows Brandon Park Blue route (6ish miles) – or as close as forestry operations allow.
– Family/Friends are welcome.
– Have fun!
Kate/Derek 44.08.80 – Full 6 miles route
Ian/Liz 41.25 – shorter route (anti-clockwise)
Kevin/Ken 37.27 – shorter route (clockwise)
Actions if you want to take part:
– If there’s someone you want to pair up with let us know.
– If you’re interested but don’t have a partner, you can let us know at the usual club email address, and we can start to pair you up but we can also arrange teams on the nght if necessary. We will try and pair experienced forest people with those who have less knowledge of the route so you don’t get lost! (maps will be available) and we will be following the marked blue route.
– If you have a suitable off road bicycle please bring it, if it i not required it can be safely left with the timekeepers.
Previously we’ve had post run-bike drink and nibbles on the picnic tables so if the weather is nice bring a drink with you.
Hope to see lots of you there and fingers crossed for nice weather (this time)!