Great turnout of Fernhoppers again at the Aylsham to Wroxham ‘Chase the Train‘ 8.9 mile run. Great times were achieved in the afternoon heat of a warm day.
Tim. 1hr 13 mins
Carolyn 1hr 23
Lisa 1 hr 33
Julie 1hr 37 mins
Dianne 1 hr 45
Liz 1 hr 53
Helene 1 hr 55 mins
Chase the Train is a 8.9 mile race from Aylsham to Wroxham. It follows the footpath next to the Bure Valley Railway, Norfolk’s longest narrow guage steam railway. Then catch a Free Return Train from Wroxham
The Fern Hoppers next Run/Bike event will take pace on Tuesday 22nd June at 7pm
Meet at Brandon Country Park, Orchard Car Park Picnic Area at 18:45 for a 19:00 start. If you are parking there, please note that we will be there during the paying period.
Brandon Country Park – Orchard Car Park
– Teams consist of 2 people with 1 bike (can be a 3 if necessary).
– Swap over as many times as you like, but runner and cyclist must must swap at least once and stay within 10 meters of each other.
– Follows Brandon Park Blue route (6ish miles) – or as close as forestry operations allow.
– Family/Friends are welcome.
– Have fun!
Kate/Derek 44.08.80 – Full 6 miles route
Ian/Liz 41.25 – shorter route (anti-clockwise)
Kevin/Ken 37.27 – shorter route (clockwise)
Actions if you want to take part:
– If there’s someone you want to pair up with let us know.
– If you’re interested but don’t have a partner, you can let us know at the usual club email address, and we can start to pair you up but we can also arrange teams on the nght if necessary. We will try and pair experienced forest people with those who have less knowledge of the route so you don’t get lost! (maps will be available) and we will be following the marked blue route.
– If you have a suitable off road bicycle please bring it, if it i not required it can be safely left with the timekeepers.
Previously we’ve had post run-bike drink and nibbles on the picnic tables so if the weathers nice bring a drink with you.
Hope to see lots of you there and fingers crossed for nice weather (this time)!
Longstanding Fern Hopper David Toms reached a major running milestone over the Easter weekend by completing his 200th marathon!
Competing in the Great Barrow Challenge ‘Two in Two’ David completed his 199th marathon on Good Friday and then completed back to back marathons on the Saturday to make it a round 200 marathons so far!
Brandon Fern Hoppers are immensely proud to count David as one of our own, and grateful for wonderful way he represents the club wherever he goes. Well done David!
Newmarket Heath Race ‘The Gallops’
Results from Newmarket Heath Race
as its colloquially known! 🙂
Steve Neale 22:42
Steve Brodie 28:24
Sophie Harrison 30:15
Stephen ‘Frank’ Spencer 30:18
Carolyn Cordner 33:53
Julie Ebbage 34:34
Lisa Plumb 35:57
Dianne Calvert 38:24
Special mention to Lily who came second in the U15 Girls ‘Fun Run’ in a time of 09:13!
The event raised over £1500 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Great turn out again, well done everyone!
Mud mud and oh more mud. Not PB conditions!