Chase the Train is a 8.9 mile race from Aylsham to Wroxham. It follows the footpath next to the Bure Valley Railway, Norfolk’s longest narrow guage steam railway. Then catch a Free Return Train from Wroxham
– Teams consist of 2 people with 1 bike (can be a 3 if necessary).
– Swap over as many times as you like, but runner and cyclist must stay within 10 meters of each other.
– Follows Brandon Park Blue route (6ish miles) – or as close as forestry operations allow.
– Family/Friends are welcome.
– Have fun!
Current records: Kate/Derek 44.08.80 – Full 6 miles route
Ian/Liz 41.25 – shorter route (anti-clockwise)
Kevin/Ken 37.27 – shorter route (clockwise)
Actions if you want to take part: – If there’s someone you want to pair up with let us know.
– If you’re interested but don’t have a partner, let us know at the usual club email address, and we can start to pair you up if necessary. We will try and pair experienced forest people with those who have less knowledge of the route so you don’t get lost! (maps will be available)
Previously we’ve had post run-bike drink and nibbles on the picnic tables so if the weathers nice bring a drink with you.
Hope to see lots of you there and fingers crossed for nice weather!