In the latest in our occasional series of Fern Hoppers ‘Globehopping’ around the world we have Ken Rooke claiming the title of most northerly runner. His picture was taken 28th Feb 2016 at the North Cape, the most northerly point in Europe at 71 deg 10 min 21 secs N.
Some Great performances from Fern Hoppers at the weekend at The Cambridge Half Marathon
Matthew Hitchin 1:35:31 (PB)
Steven Neale 1:35:55 (PB)
Sophie Harrison 1:57:54 (PB)
Kate Pollard 2:04:12
Tanya Gravenor 2:21:38
Barbados 6.30am 17th October 2015 and 29°
This Sunday sees the return of our popular Run/Bike event.
Sunday 27 September 2015
Meet at Brandon Country Park, Orchard Car park Picnic Area
9:00 for 9:10 start
If you are parking there, please note that we will be there during the paying period.
– Teams consist of 2 people with 1 bike
– Swap over as many times as you like, but runner and cyclist must stay within 10 metres of each other
– Follows Brandon Park Blue route (6ish miles) – I will send over a map and print some out nearer the time. For those who came last time, this is the reverse of last times route.
– Family/Friends are welcome
– Have fun!
Current record(s) since I have been organising:
Kate/Derek 44.08.80 – Full 6 miles route
Ian/Liz 41.25 – shorter route (anti-clockwise)
Actions if you want to take part:
– Pair up and send me the name of your team members
– If you want to take part but you don’t have a team mate, let me know and I can team you up with someone.
Hope to see lots of you there and fingers crossed for nice weather!
A good turn out from BFH at the recent ‘Nelson Knee Knobbler’ 5 and 10k. Results follow below, well done to all our runners!
Paul Meader 38:51
Lisa Plumb 45:51
Dianne Calvert 51:53
Stephen Spencer 54:03
Liz Elliot 55:35
Steve Neale 53:14
Here’s a snap of Stephen ‘Frank’ Spencer running in Quebec. This is where his journey back to health began, with a challenge from his daughter Sophie to run a 5k with her.
Having roped in his other daughter Isabel here is another taken at a 5k in Shawnigan, which Wikipedia informs me is “… a city located on the Saint-Maurice River in the Mauricie area in Quebec, Canada.”
There doesn’t look to be a very big entry for this one!:)